Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Tutorial: How to Make a Custom Souvenir Postcard Gallery Wrap

Happy Tuesday me dears!! Hope your week is going MARVELOUS! Sending lot’s of LOVE your way!! Today I wanted to share with you a CUTE tutorial that is super easy and SUPER FUN!

---------------

Have you ever bought postcards from a favorite travel destination but not sure how to use it as a decoration when you were home? I recently bought some gorgeous postcards as mementos from my precious Alpine. I wanted them by my desk to remind me to follow my heart, be myself and just CREATE.

Being in Alpine brings out my best artist vibes…you can’t help but be inspired when you are there. And I wanted to bottle it up…bring it home with me…and put it by my desk so that when I’m tired….when I’m overwhelmed…and when I feel like giving up or being an imitation of my authentic self…I can see my postcards and R E M E M B E R my true spirit.

Maybe a place does that for you…and you too can BOTTLE IT up and KEEP IT NEAR for INSPIRATION!

Ready to GET CREATIVE and GET INSPIRED! Let’s GOOOO!

title

Holy cow that says gallery wrap! LOL! Yes we are making a gallery wrap from our POSTCARDS! Have you seen the pricing on these babies?? I have…and it’s not PURDY. But…I have a solution!

024

Keep any eye out at your favorite junkin’/thriftin’ spot for ARTIST CANVASES! These babies were half of what they would be in the craft store. LOVE IT!

All you need to do this project is:

♥Postcards

♥Canvases

♥Paint & brushes

♥Modge Podge

Here are my postcards and canvases!

020

My little artist was working on his art as well. Love his HEART!

021

Eeeeeep!!!! A blank canvas makes me giddy! I’ll be in a good mood for a week (I hope!) after being able to put some color on a blank canvas. Art is SO GOOD for the SOUL!

026

Here’s the after….

027

Just pick a few colors and start pushing it all over the canvas. Just be FREE and CREATE!

I used a smaller one that Jaxon painted on for my second post card. LOL…we are not wasteful! And canvases can be reused so easily!

030

 

Put some color on it! And GO with IT!

031

032

Yahoooooo!

Tack your postcards to your canvas by smearing a dab of Modge Podge on the back and then putting them where you want them. Paint entire canvas with Modge Podge.

Here are my honeys with Modge lovin’!

044

047

And the FINAL result! Both crooked pictures…I was SO EXCITED about these I didn’t even pay attention to my WHOPPER-JARRED photos! LOL! SO funny!

057

This one is - “Spring Pasture Near Alpine, Texas” by Nancy Whitlock.

058

This one is – “Chisos Mountains, View from Indian Head” by Bonnie Wunderlich.

I love them OH SO much! They are PERFECT for my office area INSPIRATION.

061 

Now I have my INSPIRATION ready to go…all day…every day…I can see them and SMILE! Gallery Wraps – MY WAY – for under $10 for the whole project. Love that!

---------------

I’ve been doing a little more changes to my office area too…LOL. I always am I think??

Took my oldy-ratty desk from this…..

012

to THIS!

017

I will FO SHO tell you how SOON! I have like 3 tutorials I need to post to be caught up on all my HOW-TO promises! So she’s on her way!!! P R O M I S E!

Hope you have an INSPIRED day!

XoXo

signature

2 comments:

affectioknit said...

AWESOME art!...and I can't wait to see how you did that amazing desk!

Have a lovely day!

Kelli said...

Ok, can we please hang out;) Your blog makes me happy and inspired and happy!!! Can't wait to hear more about the photography symposium and the new tutorials!!!


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS