Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Popcorn

popcorn 025b
If you are looking for a last minute gift to give neighbors…or a snack to take to a friends house for a party…might I suggest this fabulous…and OH SO EASY…Christmas popcorn.
You will need:
popcorn 004
and a dash of this…..
popcorn 018
I have a popcorn popper and used it…you could also use handy-dandy microwave popcorn…but stay away from butter flavored. Stick to PLANE JANE! It will get soggy and mushy if you don’t!
I measured a capful of popcorn kernels…I would guesstimate about 1/2 cupful?
popcorn 005
See…this much! LOL!
popcorn 006
Then POP away!!!!
popcorn 011
After all of the kernels popped…I separated the popcorn into 2 {two} BIG bowls…for easier stirring!
popcorn 017
P.S. The SpongeBob sippy cup is like “Where’s Waldo” in these pics for some reason. It’s almost creepy! I didn’t notice it until I was editing…aaahhh…life with a TODDLER!
Next I guesstimate measured about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of the white chocolate chips. I used a glass measuring pitcher for easy melting and pouring!popcorn 008
Ahhh…so PURDY!
popcorn 010
Place pitcher in microwave and “cook” for 30 seconds. Remove the pitcher (careful not to burn your fingies!)…stir….and place back in microwave! Cook another 30 seconds! Remove…and stir until they are smooth as BUTTA! Like this:
popcorn 019
Pour the melted chocolate on popcorn…and stir until the chocolate has covered all of the popcorn.
popcorn 020
Then, pour the popcorn on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the popcorn with a dash of salt. (totally optional) Then sprinkle with Christmas sprinklies!
popcorn 021
Isn’t it FABULOUS????
popcorn 022
It is DELISH too!!♥
From this point there are a million ways to dress it up…pack it up…and give it away! I simply put it in a gallon-sized Zip-lock bag and jazzed it up with a few of Jaxon’s artwork jewels and ribbon!
popcorn 028
popcorn 033
popcorn 030
And there you HAVE it! A very CUTE…yet VERY FRUGAL gift!!! Perfect for neighbors…friends…co-workers…or to take to PARTIES! You could re-use this recipe for a variety of events…and just change the color of SPRINKLIES!
Hope everyone is having a MARVELOUS Merry week! We are…it’s finally cold here in West Texas…thank goodness! Although this little guy isn’t too thrilled about it….
Jaxon 011
To make up for it we have been doing a LOT of art projects!
Jaxon 009
Goodnes…that boy and paint…let’s just say there have been a LOT of BUBBLE baths too!!
We have had hot cocoa….
hot cocoa 035
and even a warm stew!
Jaxon 015
It has been a great week for hugging, snuggling and staying close to home. I am so blessed to have such a sweet little boy who loves to spend time painting, cooking and being silly with his Mamma! I am looking forward to a great weekend!! My brother…..this guy here….
image
…..is flying in tomorrow!!!!!!! Whoooop whooooop…BIG TEARS! I haven’t hugged him in over a year! It will be a.m.a.z.i.n.g.
I hope you all have a VERY MERRY Christmas…and wonderful weekend with those you love. I don’t intend on blogging until 2011…he he…but I have big PLANS for little Easie Peasie…and can’t wait to share the new direction we will be taking this next year!
Much LOVE and BLESSINGS to you ALL!
Merry Christmas and a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
CCard2
10035475C0DE5EC972E8B93AC373E3BC

34 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the yummy popcorn idea...and thank you to you and your husband for your sacrifice and for his service for our country. Happy hugs!

Jen Gray said...

Thank you for posting this recipe. I am definitely going to make it. I hope you have a wonderful holiday and just relax and enjoy this time with your husband. Please thank him for all that he does so that we may have freedom! Bless you!
Jen

Anonymous said...

I'm going to make your recipe for a party this weekend! Thanks so much for the detailed instructions. Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Just made 3 bags and it's sooooo good! Can't wait to share with friends :)

Hailey @ Me and My Boys said...

Going to make this for our Christmas party this week! Looks so yummy and festive! Thanks for the recipe!

Missouri Farm Chick said...

I just made this popcorn. Saw it on Pinterest and thought it would be a perfect offering for the bake sale we are having before our elementary school program tomorrow night. I made a change or two. I added peanuts and mixed my Christmas sprinkles in before I poured the mixture on waxed paper. Thanks for sharing this! I plan to blog about making your popcorn and will give you credit. Jackie@mykitchenaddictions.com

Bridget said...

Found your recipe and picture on Pinterest, and thus was brought here! I love this idea and the other crafty ideas as well! Cute blog. :)

~Bridget

Margot said...

Beautiful!
I've selected it as Article of The week to feature on my site (just a thumb with link to your post)... I hope you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

Found this on Pinterest, thank you! A fab idea for me to make and leave out as a thank you gift from Santa for his mince pie, milk and carrot for rudolph.
Excellent news on your brother's return - he's a good looking guy too ;)

Anonymous said...

Thanks! Found this on Pinterest and myself and my teenagers are making it right now as i type :) For once they wanna hang out with me, so again thank you!!!

Stink Bone Jones said...

Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to try it out!

Anonymous said...

I just made this (the popcorn) today and it is fabulous! I mixed in some small pretzels too - giving them as small prezzies to the staff at my apt. complex. Thanks so much for this recipe!

~~Jenn

Anonymous said...

I made this with (butter) microwave popcorn and melted almond bark (white). I had not thought of making it with white chocolate chips - great idea! With the almond bark, I've not had a problem with it getting mushy, but I always keep it in an airtight container once it's cooled. The best part is shaking it like crazy in a brown paper grocery bag! Kids love watching mommy do that :-)
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

I am making a movie themed basket for my nephews for Christmas...this recipe will be perfect!!! Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Alison Buckley said...

Making this popcorn treat now; thanks for the recipe!

AnnaD said...

Awesome idea.

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!thanks a bunch!!;)

Anonymous said...

Your story was so sweet & the recipe sounds great!

ladyBaker said...

Awesome idea, i thought about dividing the white chocolate and adding some red to one and green to the other so it adds an extra pop of christmas color when its poured on an mixed up in the bag. just an idea tho :)

Kim said...

I tried to make this tonight and had a TERRIBLE time with the white chocolate chips. Mine burned in the microwave and I followed the directions exactly! :( Any suggestions would be appreciated. I now have 3 HUGE bowls of popcorn and nothing to do with them!!!

Deb said...

I find I melt things better on the stove than in the microwave. With the stove, I can put it on low heat and stir with a silicone spatula, while watching closely. It may take longer but I am less likely to burn my chocolate.

Elizabeth said...

For those of you having a difficult time melting the white chocolate chips you can try boiling water and using a something that can stand the heat and place in hot water with the chips inside to melt with heat from water. That works miracles with me because some how I manage to always burn them on the stove or microwave.

Anonymous said...

If you use the defrost setting instead of the cook setting, it will melt without scorching the chocolate! I picked up this tip years ago and have used it ever since. (Also, a small crock pot on the lowest setting works as well, but takes longer. The crock pot method works best when dipping things in the chocolate though because it keeps it at a constant temp.)

Tiffany said...

Ladies thank you for all your AWESOME suggestions! The defrost option is one I hadn't heard of! You guys ROCK!!!

Maureen said...

This is amazing!! Thank you so much for this easy recipe!! I just made popcorn bags for each of my Gr. 6 students. And it tastes so good!!!!

Alyssa said...

Made this for my office Christmas party. Super easy. Instead of sprinkles, I added crushed up candy canes, tasted sort of like airy peppermint bark.

Anonymous said...

I have a terrible time melting the white chocolate chips, so I just use almond bark. It melts nicely in a glass bowl in the microwave, just stir it every stir it every 30 seconds.

Anonymous said...

I added peanuts and M&Ms and everyone loves it!

Elise said...

You are so adorable :) Thanks for the easy instructions and fun recipe!

Unknown said...

Hi Tiffany thank you so much for this last minute idea and please tell your brother thanks you all he does to protect us her at home he is a true hero ��

Anonymous said...

Hello,I am the taste tester. I very much enjoy your popcorn recipe. I would like to say thank you for sharing this with everyone!


~the taste tester

Madonaldo said...


I am Alecia,from what I can read. It has been sad news and scam to everyone about Voodoo casters or so. But to me they are so real cause one worked for me not quite long ago.i met this man on a blog his name is Dr Abalaka is a very powerful man.I traveled down to where his shrine his and we both did the ritual and sacrifice.he had no website yet but he promised to create one as costumers are requesting for it, and now i'm free from the powders of sickness.I don't know about you but Voodoo is real;love marriage,finance, job promotion ,lottery Voodoo,poker voodoo,golf Voodoo,Law & Court case Spells,money voodoo,weigh loss voodoo,diabetic voodoo,hypertensive voodoo,high cholesterol voodoo,Trouble in marriage,Barrenness(need a child),Luck, Money Spells,he also cure any cancer and HIV,it's all he does. I used my money to purchase everything he used he never collected a dime from. He told me I can repay him anytime with anything from my heart. Now I don't know how to do that. If you can help or you need his help write him on (dr.abalaka@outlook.com) and also his cell number: 760-935-3804 you can text him because he use to be very busy some times,i believe that your story will change for better,or if you have any question you can contact me here as 1001madonado@gmail.com best of luck.

LuxHome said...

Nice post!!!!

Anonymous said...

DR EMU WHO HELP PEOPLE IN ANY TYPE OF LOTTERY NUMBERS

It is a very hard situation when playing the lottery and never won, or keep winning low fund not up to 100 bucks, i have been a victim of such a tough life, the biggest fund i have ever won was 100 bucks, and i have been playing lottery for almost 12 years now, things suddenly change the moment i came across a secret online, a testimony of a spell caster called dr emu, who help people in any type of lottery numbers, i was not easily convinced, but i decided to give try, now i am a proud lottery winner with the help of dr emu, i won $1,000.0000.00 and i am making this known to every one out there who have been trying all day to win the lottery, believe me this is the only way to win the lottery.

Contact him on email Emutemple@gmail.com
What's app +2347012841542
Https://emutemple.wordpress.com/
Https://web.facebook.com/Emu-Temple-104891335203341


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS