Sunday, May 16, 2010

Vintage Window Dry Erase Board

I’ve had this vintage window for at least two years. I picked it up at our local community “Trades Days” from a favorite vendor. It has been all over my house…sometimes on display and others tucked away in storage collecting dust. The other day I saw a BRILLIANT idea for using old windows! HOLY MOLY! It’s perfecto!!
Lorie Shower 215-2
Step 1:
I glued tissue paper to the back side of the window. You could also use fabric. Make sure that it is light so that reading your scribbles is easy!!
Step 2:
Next I added some ribbon to trim out the writing area. I used hot glue to attach the ribbon.
Lorie Shower 219-1

Step 3:
I had a few small tin cans that I saved for projects. I wrapped ribbon around the can to jazz it up a bit. Then I tried to hammer the darn thing to the window, but that was WAY TOO frustrating. I busted out the hot glue and slapped that bad boy on!
Lorie Shower 221-3
I am totally loving this little doo-dah.

Lorie Shower 224-1 

I'll be linking this little project up to these FAB-linky parties:










The Girl Creative 

 
The DIY Show Off 
 
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it! Super Cute :-) I adore handmade items. They're so original. I love homemade altogether!

http://livingonhomemade.blogspot.com

Angela said...

So cute! Great idea!

Christy said...

I love this idea! So cute!

I {heart} Nap Time said...

So cute!! I'd love for you to link this up http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/

terra @ willowsgrace.blogspot.com said...

i AM SO GOING TO DO THIS! tHANKS FO RTHE IDEA!
tERRA @WILLOWSGRACE.BLOGSPOT.COM

Funky Junk Interiors said...

That is so smart! Love how easy it is to modify to match one's decor. And no messy chalk. Cool.

Thanks for linking up to Old Windows SNS!
Donna
http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Your articles make whole sense of every topic. ReMARKable white board


 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS